Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pacing myself

I realize that I have been trying to do too much in such a short amount of time. And I get frustrated when I can't accomplish my list.
For example.. Today I had to choose between cleaning the house, working out or working on taxes. And then be done by 1 pm to run and pick my daughter up from school to take her to her dental appointment.
But it seem like every day, I have to choose between what I need and want to do. And then there are those days where just going up the stairs it s a challenge.

I can't really explain the fatigue that comes with CMT. But it kind of feels like there is not enough strength on the muscles and a little bit of soreness. And let's not talk about the night time pain and muscle cramps... Which by the way, if its been a horrible night, it will roll to the morning... Waking up with stiff muscles is no fun. I sometimes feel like I'm in a body of an 80 year old. Walking slow, and with little energy.

So, I have decided to look at what I have accomplish during the day, instead of what I was not able to finish. And pacing myself as well as ask for help. It will benefit me and my attitude at the end of the day. After all, I am not super woman. I have to take care of myself and make sure I have enough energy and time to spend with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment