Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trying new things and keep on moving/ Tratando cosas nuevas y seguir moviendo

I kept hearing that yoga is good for Charcot-MarieTooth as it helps in stretching your muscle and helps with balance.

So, I had been searching for the right place. I didn't want to go to a yoga mill. Where you have 50 people in one room and there is no connection/ communication with the instructor. I wanted to be able to tell my instructor what I have and explain my issues and what I feel I need to strengthen. As well as get feed back to what position will help with what and correct me if I am not in the right pose, so I don't end up hurting myself. (that is the last thing I need)

I have to say, I have found the place. My first yoga class was phenomenal and best part is that I enjoyed it and had fun with it. I also made new friends. They even referred me to a person who specializes in stretching. My yoga instructor even gave me some homework to do at home and she is available to call if a question arises. I am looking forward to my next yoga class and getting the relaxation and all the other benefits that come with Yoga. It is one more thing to add to my list. I will eventually get to where I want to be with my yoga journey.

I also do water aerobics and I have to say that it has helped with some of my strength and balance. I do it once a week, it's indoors and the water is so warm. The ladies there too are great. They know about my disease and the swimming instructor works with me. Never pushing me to do something I am uncomfortable or something that is painful. I usually come home ready for a warm shower and my body is so relaxed that I sleep all night.

I still want to try other new things...In time I will call the lady that massages you as she stretches you and I would also want to try Reiki. But for now I will stick with my water aerobics, my yoga, my elliptical, add more walking to my activities and get back to hiking. I'm not letting CMT get the best of me. I will always be out there trying new things. I want my kids to be able to see that you can be active and healthy with this disease. You just have to keep on moving.

Motivation will get you moving, determination will get you there.


Yo seguí oyendo que el yoga es bueno para Charcot-MarieTooth ya que ayuda a estimular el músculo y ayuda con el equilibrio.

Por lo tanto, yo había estado buscando el lugar adecuado. Yo no quería ir a un molino de yoga. Donde tienes a 50 personas en una habitación y no hay conexión / comunicación con el instructor. Yo quería ser capaz de decirle a mi instructor qué tengo y explicar mis problemas y lo que siento que necesito fortalecer. Así como llegar a qué posición ayudará con lo que y corregirme si no estoy en la postura de la derecha, por lo que no termino lastimando a mí mismo. (es lo último que necesito)

Tengo que decir, he encontrado el lugar y el precio no es malo en absoluto. Mi primera clase de yoga fue fenomenal y la mejor parte es que lo disfruté y divertimos con él. También hice nuevos amigos. Incluso me refirieron a una persona que se especializa en estimulación. Mi instructor de yoga incluso me dio algunos deberes para hacer en casa y ella está disponible para llamar si surge una pregunta. Estoy esperando a mi siguiente clase de yoga y conseguir la relajación y todos los otros beneficios que vienen con el Yoga. Era una cosa más para añadir a mi lista. Finalmente voy a llegar a donde yo quiero estar con mi viaje de yoga.

Yo ya hago gimnasia acuática y tengo que decir que ha ayudado con mi fuerza y equilibrio. Lo hago una vez por semana, es en el interior y el agua es tan calientita. Las damas allí son demasiado lindas. Ellos saben de mi enfermedad y el instructor de natación trabaja conmigo. Nunca empujándome a hacer algo que me siento incómoda o algo que es doloroso. Generalmente vengo lista para una ducha caliente y mi cuerpo es tan relajado que duermo toda la noche.

Todavía quiero probar otras cosas nuevas...En vez, llamaré a la señora que da masajes como ella te estira y también me gustaría tratar el Reiki. Pero por ahora voy a seguir con mi gimnasia acuática, mi yoga, mi elíptico, agregar poca más de mis actividades y volver al senderismo. No estoy dejando que CMT obtenga lo mejor de mí. Yo siempre estaré allí probando cosas nuevas. Quiero que mis hijos sean capaces de ver que puede ser activo y saludable con esta enfermedad. Sólo tienes que seguir sucesivamente.

Con la motivación conseguirá movimiento, determinación te llevará allí.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you through Melissa's blog. Welcome to the CMT blogging community! My blog is at http://lenkaland.com/blog/. I am also a mom with CMT. I look forward to getting to know you!

    I understand your challenges with pacing yourself. It is a daily goal for me :). Some days are easier than others.

    Best wishes, Lenka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenka,

    It's nice to meet you. I will add your blog to mine. Sorry to hear that you have CMT. I hope I get to know you as we'll. and can't wait to read about you. Knowing that there are others out there has help me with moving forward. Although, I don't wish it on anyone.

    ReplyDelete